Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)
Polycystic ovarian syndrome (or PCOS) is a common ailment, affecting as many as 1 out of 15 women. Often the symptoms begin in the teen years. Ovaries in women with PCOS have many small immature follicles, which look like cysts. That is why it is called 'Polycystic' ovarian syndrome. Polycystic ovarian syndrome is another condition where we don’t really know the reasons why the hormones get out of balance. The cysts are not harmful but lead to defective eggs and hormonal dis-balance. It can cause problems with your periods and make it difficult to get pregnant. Normally, the female ovaries make a tiny amount of male sex hormones – androgens (testosterone). In PCOS, they start making more than the female body needs. This may cause you to stop ovulating, get acne and grow extra facial and body hair (hirsutism).
The body may have a problem using insulin, developing a condition called insulin resistance. Overtime, if not treated, PCOS may lead to the development of diabetes and heart disease. Natural PCOS treatment can help immensely to relieve PCOS symptoms and also prepare the body for pregnancy.
The most common symptoms of PCOS are:
Chinese Medicine, through the use of acupuncture and herbs, can do wonders for all the above symptoms. For acupuncture PCOS treatment in Newport Beach, Mission Viejo, Santa Ana or in the Orange County area please schedule your first complimentary consult below.
- WEIGHT GAIN and trouble LOSING WEIGHT
- Extra hair on the face and body.
- Thicker and darker facial hair and more hair on the chest, belly, and back
- Thinning hair on the scalp
- Irregular periods
- Fewer than nine periods a year. Some women have no periods. Others have very heavy bleeding
- FERTILITY problems. Many women who have PCOS have trouble getting pregnant (Infertility)
What Patients Are Saying...
“ I wholeheartedly recommend Dr. Kelly and often ask her to commute to Ventura County so we can continue to work on our cases together. She is an excellent healer and will be a true asset for any organization.”
"Everybody get on over to AK-U-Puncture Global Wellness and spread the word on all the good medicine being practiced there. Dr. Ata Kelly is the best acupuncturist I ever went to see."
“I am currently being treated by Dr. Kelly after a car accident. She is simply a blessing!”
“Exceptional. Skillful. Compassionate. Pain free for many years since I saw Dr. Kelly. The best!”
“ To be honest, I don’t like needles, but I still go, because she really helped me.”
“Dr. Kelly is committed to the health and well-being of her patients”
"Over the years I have sent many of my patients to Dr. Kelly and worked closely with her functional medicine and acupuncture practice…Dr. Kelly is well respected by her colleagues and loved by her patients. She goes above and beyond to help her patients to live happy and healthy life…on a personal note, I don’t believe there is more skilled, compassionate and knowledgeable doctor of Chinese Medicine with such a solid base of Western Medicine."
“Dr. Ata Kelly is very gentle, highly knowledgeable, intuitive, thoughtful & non-judgmental. She has a caring heart, amazing energy, solid clinical skills and a full understanding and appreciation of the energetic system of the human being. You would never leave her office without feeling better, more relaxed, refreshed and grounded. Dr. Ata truly believes that healing on physical, emotional and spiritual levels is in fact possible.”
- “I recommend her to everybody because I trust her. She has a gentle, holistic approach to health care. She treats problems, not symptoms.”
- “I was in pain for 6 years. Only few visits and I am a human again. I can’t believe it is possible.”
- “Dr. Kelly is a wealth of knowledge. Western or eastern medicine, nutrition, herbs, healthy cooking, growing a garden, psychotherapy and spirituality - she can help with her advice.”